Tracking is an indispensable requirement for all kinds of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. While the quality of tracking, in particular the need for high performance and fidelity have led to a large body of past and current research, little attention is typically paid to software engineering aspects of tracking software.
- Overview - Get a short buzzword compliant overview of what OpenTracker is all about.
- Installation - A step-by-step guide to compile OpenTracker.
- Download - Get the latest and former versions of OpenTracker.
- An Open Software Architecture for Virtual Reality Interaction
A technical report giving a detailed overview about OpenTracker.
- Mailinglist - list for any questions and discussions on OpenTracker.
- Device Compatibility List - list for of devices currently supported by OpenTracker.
- Source Docs - Source code documentation generated by Doxygen.
- Integration Guide - How to use the OpenTracker library in your own application.
- Multi-Modal Event Guide - How to use multimodal events, introduced with OpenTracker version 1.3.
- Programmer's Guide - How to extend OpenTracker with new modules and nodes.
- External Libraries - links to libraries needed by OpenTracker.
- SVNWeb - You can browse the current source online.
- Commit Log - A log of changes to the CVS
- User's Guide - how to work with configuration files and the standalone tracker program.
- Node Reference - description of how the different nodes work and their configuration file elements.
- Transform Node Reference - description of all geometric transformation nodes and their elements.
- Module Reference - description of the different modules and their configuration file elements.
- HowToUse Opentracker - description of using Opentracker 1.3 with Studierstube 4.
- MR Toolkit - Famous and very useful toolkit for VR applications.
- VRPN - The Virtual Reality Peripheral Network is another, well-known library providing device abstraction and drivers for VR devices. OpenTracker provides now connectivity to VRPN.
- Studierstube - An Augmented Reality Toolkit that uses OpenTracker.
- Xerces - A validating XML parser library for C++ and Java, developed by the Apache project. OpenTracker uses this library to parse it's configuration files.
- ACE - The Adaptive Communication Environment, a wrapper library that provides platform independent access to system resources, such as network sockets, threads, shared memory.