1.3OpenTracker is a new hardware and event processing software for VR and AR applications. It is designed to be extensible and easily configureable. It is distributed under the Lesser Gnu Public License. See the file LICENSE.txt for details.
Its functionality is divided into modules that implement specific functions like device drivers, network interfaces etc. This simplifies adding new functionality. For a list of currently implemented modules see the Module Reference page.
Modules exchange data via a shared memory that is structured into a tree. Different nodes of the tree are managed and observed by different modules. The nodes exchange data via three interfaces :
- EventGenerator is the interface of a node sending event updates ( events )
- EventQueue is the interface of a node holding a queue of past events
- TimeDependend is the interface of a node providing a event for any moment in time.
The following links point to a reference of all modules and nodes and how their configuration elements are specified :
- Module Reference - reference of modules
- Node Reference - reference of implemented nodes
- Transformation Node Reference - reference for geometric transformation nodes
- Installation Guide - How to compile and install OpenTracker.
- Integration Guide - How to use OpenTracker in your own programs.
- Programmers Guide - How to extend OpenTracker with your own modules.
- Users Guide - How to configure and run OpenTracker.
- Configuration Options - Lists different configuration options to include various device drivers and other libraries.
- Space Mouse Integration - How to integrate the SpaceMouse support
- Gerhard Reitmayr
- 2001, 2002, 2003